Govt will take action against those assaulting doctors: PM Dahal

KATHMANDU: Prime Minister (PM) Pushpa Kamal Dahal Prachanda has vowed to take legal action against individuals assaulting doctors in Hetauda.

Doctors of Sancho Hospital in Hetauda, Makwanpur on Wednesday drew the attention of Prime Minister on the issue of assaulting doctors by some people in Hetauda on Wednesday.

Prime Minister Dahal vowed to take legal action against those involved in the incident.

Meanwhile, four individuals have been arrested in connection with an incident involving the assault of two doctors at Sancho Hospital in Hetaunda Sub-Metropolitan City-2.

The assault occurred following the demise of 42-year-old Rajesh Pradhan from Padampokhari, Hetaunda-12, while under medical care.

On Thursday, police took into custody — the deceased’s wife, Rama Pradhan; his daughter, Ramita; his son, Rohit; and his nephew, Anup — involved in the assault.

The incident took place at 10 a.m. on Wednesday when a group of individuals, including the aforementioned, physically assaulted two doctors at Sancho Hospital in Hetaunda, targeting Dr. Bikas Thapa and Dr. Prashant Bidari.

The video footage capturing the assault has since gone viral on various social media platforms.

Rajesh Pradhan, aged 42 and a resident of Hetaunda-12, Padampokhari, passed away while receiving treatment at Chitwan Medical College.

He had been suffering from pneumonia as a result of dengue fever. Initially, he was admitted to Sancho Hospital.

Given the severity of his health condition, the medical team recommended placing Rajesh in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) for treatment.

However, his relatives insisted on keeping him in a regular ward for treatment.

Subsequently, the patient was admitted to the High Dependency Unit (HDU) for closer monitoring and care.

Unfortunately, the patient’s condition deteriorated significantly during the first night of treatment, leading to his referral to Chitwan Medical College.

In response to Rajesh’s death, his relatives visited Sancho Hospital the following day but ultimately left upon being informed of the patient’s condition.

Tensions escalated, resulting in the physical assault of two doctors on Wednesday by the deceased’s family members.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button